For the most part, I write and post because I have stuff (like actual feelings and thoughts that may or may not be mom-related) that I want to express – clearly having my daughter and husband with me the whole day, everyday isn’t enough to satisfy my desire to gab and yak away. On the contrary, I think it fuels that need – and it bewilders me that people actually stop by to read what I have to say. What’s even more amazing is that my fellow-bloggers Traci and Amanda deem me worthy of receiving the Versatile Blogger Award. Yes folks, 2 people gave me the same award so I must be doing something right!
The rules for receiving this award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award along to at least 10 (Traci’s is asking me to give to 15) bloggers you think are fantastic
4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award
Now I have to share with you 7 random things about myself that you may not know yet. Believe me, I had a hard time trying to come up with this list – I think I may have put myself out there already way too much. Anywho, here goes:
1. I love the color red – so much that it was what I chose as the motif for our Christmas-time wedding.
2. I was always one-of-the-boys, never the girly-girl type. My siblings and cousins took to calling me “Kuya” (the Filipino term used to address an older sibling/cousin. A. Male. One.)
3. I cannot cook to save my life. It wasn’t that I was never interested. Growing up, I would volunteer to help my mom out in the kitchen. But partly because we had a small kitchen and partly because my mom needed more help with the twins when they were little, she would always decline my offer to help her cook and instead delegate babysitting duties to Moi.
4. I cannot last one meal, let alone one day, without carbs. Loads of it. Must. Have. Rice. Or pasta. That’s right. I have had people tell me I eat like a hefty construction worker. Meat, though? Not so much.
5. I met my husband at church 15 years ago, and we were best friends long before he courted me. 😉 We’ve both seen (and endured) each other at our worst and we still love each other. Cheesy but true!
6. I absolutely LOVE music! I cannot go a full day without listening to music; I like all kinds (I draw the line at heavy metal though). I think it’s one of the best gifts God has given us.
7. Sweets are the way to my heart. Chocolates. Ice cream. Cake. Chocolate-covered strawberries! And all the goodies from Conti’s Pastry Shop and Restaurant. Heavenly!
And for some bloggy love, I am passing this award to 15 of my fellow-full-of-awesome-bloggers:
1. Jho at Witchy Crazy Mommy
2. Joy at The Small Fry
3. Joy at Joy In This Journey
4. Lindsey at Dishwater Dreams
5. Joanna at Raising Madison
6. Kate at Mommy Monologues
7. Melinda at Parenting Confessions
8. Debbi at This Lovely Life
9. Nicole at By Word Of Mouth
10. Joey at Big Teeth And Clouds
11. Rachel at Following In My Shoes
12. Diana at Heart Of Kansas
13. Lisa at Popcorn Served Daily
14. Sandra at Absolutely Narcissim
15. Melinda at Finding The Humor
I love all of these ladies and their blogs! Some of the best bloggers right there. 🙂